Helping you maintain healthy stock is important to Big Dutchman. Our experts have therefore developed fresh air filters that reliably prevent the PRRS virus from entering your barn with the fresh air.
Caused by a virus that enters the pigs through their lungs, PRRS leads to fertility issues in sows as well as respiratory diseases, mostly in piglets and finishing pigs.
Breeding companies, multipliers and centres for artificial insemination in particular must therefore make sure that they maintain a negative PRRS status. Breeders producing larger numbers of piglets also decisively benefit from the filtration because piglets not infected with PRRS fetch higher prices when sold.
- introduction of the PRRS virus via the fresh air is reduced very efficiently;
- livestock not infected with PRRS show a better biological performance;
- fewer secondary infections in piglets and finishers reduce the amount of required medication;
- different models are available, depending on the type of fresh air supply;
- if requested, the fresh air can be cooled simultaneously (only available for APT 20 000);
- the main filter has energy efficiency class A and maintains it for the entire service life;
- the filter cartridges for prefilter and main filter are easy to exchange;
- low maintenance requirements.